Friday 21 October 2005

Windows eXasPerated

So I am supposed to be working at home today and so when I sit down to turn on the PC and start working a strange thing happens. The PC already seems to be running - I'll investigate that later - anyway when I try to log on nothing happens, it's hung. So I restart and go through all the 'you did not shut down your PC' and scandisk malarky. Then when it finally gets ready to start I can't log in. Well that would be an understatement. I can log in but the log in only takes me as far as the desktop picture and nothing more. So to solve things I have to run msconfig and fortunately I somehow get to the system restore option. Luckily there is a restore point a few days back and so nothing major gets lost.

However this all took over two hours to sort out - scandisk runs terribly slow, I really should clean up the PC - and so a days work has been lost, I will now take it as annual leave but the thing is, it is just a pain.

Stil I did manage to down a couple of nice cups of tea while waiting and sorting it out ;-)

No comments: