Thursday 4 October 2007

So I have an issue with BT Broadband

I decide to give BT a call because of an issue I have with a new order. I call at about 6 in the evening, this is the busy time, most people with issues have just got home and like me decide to call at the same time. I dial, I listen to the voice prompts and press my buttons to get into a queue and then I make my first mistake.

I am told that they are busy and that there will be a wait, I can, if I want, press some more buttons and wait for them to call me back, however, I am a little concerned about the issue I have and want to sort it out, so I decline this option and begin to hold.

In total the call lasted an hour and a quarter, in which I was passed through four people before I got to talk to someone who took my details, took down the issue and said he would call back within twenty minutes. He called back within ten, telling me the issue was sorted. I await to see if it will be sorted, but I think he was from a call centre several thousand miles away, unlike some of the people I had spoken to in the previous hour or so.

No comments: