Friday 28 November 2008

The annual Car MOT

I was most impressed when I received a call on my mobile at the end of October. It was the call centre for the garage that I usually MOT my car with. Now I normally forget all about the MOT, or at least try to, and then end up rushing around trying to book it in on the last possible day. So I was very happy to have this call and book up the car for tomorrow morning. All organised, over a month in advance and on a day that suited me... a Saturday.

This morning, Friday, at about 9:30, I received another call. This one was from the garage where I normally get my car MOT'd. The call was enquiring where my car was, seeing as it was booked in for an MOT today.

I must add that the garage were very understanding, no blame was levelled, and the car is booked in again for tomorrow. In fact half an hour earlier than was planned, so the day may not be carless after all. Now, if only it could pass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always dread the annual car MOT thing to be honest. In the past I have had some garages try to pull fast ones saying that stuff was wrong on my car that actually wasn't. This year I took my car to Nationwide Autocentres for its MOT and was very happy with the service and the only advisory was regarding the condition of some of the tyres.