Thursday 1 March 2007

Environmentally smug, digit(ally) challenged

Since our car died (yes, a big ahh, and despite what I continue to say, we would love to get a new one) I have become very environmentally smug. My carbon footprint is like an infant taking its first steps, barely noticeable.

Last night however, we decided to walk to Tescos in order to buy a few pairs of 'tracks' for our son (Tracksuit bottoms to those who don't know the 'youth' speak). This was fine, a nice brisk walk without adding to the CO2 in the atmosphere and a good aerobic workout.

When in a supermarket though it is difficult to simply buy what you go in for. Therefore an hour or so later, we emerged with several, heavy carrier bags. The walk back was tiring and included several stops, but we made it. The plastic carrier bags had cut into my fingers on the journey. By the time I got home my hands were numb. After putting the bags down feeling started to return in all but the tip of my little finger, that digit remained tingly and numb (I know that is a paradox but it does explain how it feels) OK, numbish.

It is still the same today. Fortunately ny touch typing isn't great (ie I can't) but if it was I would be having difficulty with my : and ; and the other keys that surround that area of the board.

No comments: