Monday 9 April 2007

Why I recommend "God Of Small Things"

by Arundhati Roy

This was / is absolutely fantastic. I have wanted to read it for ages and now I have finally done it. The narrative weaves through decades like a snake in the grass. A simple love story but gloriously told. I often highlight the odd phrase or sentence in a really good book, however, the God of Small Things contains as many highlights as an Evangelical’s Bible.

The only negative is that I know I could never write something this wonderful.

4 comments:

S. Camille said...

God, I wish I was as cool as the people who read this book at 43 Things. Just look at these tags

Popular Tags

narrative purple prose

Popular With People Tagged:

cool fun supportive thoughtful traveler

I just think I must be confused to begin with because now you have another blog about tea getting cold that seems to have been around a while (like several years) and I um missed it? What's going on Darren? I thought you were my 'Life is an experiment Twitter friend?'. We've even meme'd together. So what else have you been holding out on?

Kidding of course. I'd like to read this book, it looks good!
Camille

Darren said...

LOL, I had cold tea then stopped and then started again, I have become a serial blogger I think :-)

andrew cupples said...

Don't forget Roundacow. And Fadgewatch. Ha ha ha.

Darren said...

LOL... and ClarkyCaps