Friday 18 November 2005

I don't like it

I think Little Britiain may have run its course. Watched the first episode of the new series last night and although I laughed, I have to admit that I found it a little boring. I think it suffered the same fate as Catherine Tate eg it is just a bunch of cliched characters with catchphrases, that once you have heard them there is little room for manoeuvre. Messers Walliams and Lucas have a bit more creative talent than Miss Tate and so are able to create some interesting situations for their characters. Ann performing in Stars in their Eyes was intersting (and strangely scary at the same time) but even they may be now pushing it for ideas in this third series.

No doubt I will watch the rest of the series and no doubt I will contniue to laugh at it. However, I have to admit that at the moment the comedy crown has to go to The Mighty Boosh for both originality and actual humour. Great comedy needs more than just an old woman swearing and an 'out' gay guy who hasn't had any gay experience.

I may even go so far as to say that it is time for the BBC to eat humble pie and ask Chris Morris to return.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that I missed the new series of LB, but the thing that got me was the "I don't care" attitude I had. Normally I'd have been rather annoyed.

I think the problem may have been the hype around the new series, the over use of certain characters in series 2 and the grossness of Bubbles and the WI women (now apparently replaced by an incontinent granny).

As for The Mighty Boosch, I wasn't sure what to make of it at first but now (when I get a chance to see it) think it's excellent. Shame it doens't get the exposure Little Britain does, but then I think that may actually be a good thing

Anonymous said...

yeah, I agree, liek a lot of things, when they become popular they seem to lose there appeal. I remember being a big cure fan (Ok I still like Robert and the biys) but when they became famous and more widley known their appeal faded for me.

Same with a lot of comedy.