Monday 7 November 2005

One and One internet hosting

For no particular reason other than these are the current things that I am not happy with and am in the process of moaning about - directly.

  1. www.1and1.co.uk
  2. Mince tarts
  3. www.oneandone.co.uk
  4. Any cake with almond flavouring
  5. internet service provider 1 and 1

Can you believe that my former internet hosts demand that I pay them for a service I haven't used? Fistly they sent an invoice to me which I was unable to pay due to not wanting to pay via credit card. I then cancel the account, but because the invoice was sent before I cancelled I have to pay - the full amount of three months hosting. They say they will refund once I have paid, but the reason I cancelled in the first place was that they wouldn't accept payment via paypal. Aaargh.

So without any warning and no further invoice, or demands for money, they get their collection service to write to me asking for the money, which has now cost me a further £15. Telephoning both companies is about as helpful as using sandpaper as a cure for piles. So the upshot is I have to pay out and then they refund me for the service I haven't used.

I have a funny feeling this will not be the last post on this matter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just noticed the typo above, it should read 'firstly' but on second thoughts that is exactly what I feel they are doing to me.