Monday 26 March 2007

Who do I write for?

This post is in reply to a tag from Camille, don't you just love being tagged? Actually this one was a little different to normal tags and has actually had me thinking about it for a while. The subject of the tag is 'who do I write for?' and so with no further ado, let's get on with it.

I blog, therefore I am would be a far too pretentious way to say that I simply write what is within, so I won't say that, even if it is somewhat true (so does that make it unpretentious? - I need to get out more)

What I write depends on the context. So if it is at my livejournal account, what I write comes from deep within, it is my 'journal' (this post isn't rocket science) and is used in that sense. I have always been interested in journaling but never got into the swing of it before the world of blogging, so my LJ is my journal.

I also write because I want to share, my imaginality site is my little way of sharing what I have learnt over the years at my current job. I work in a creative industry (yes, Andrew, I did struggle with calling SU an industry, but thought that keeping it vague would be good) and need to be as creative as possible. Therefore that site is where I share some creative insights.

How I write perhaps answers the tag question more effectively. I write in a style that I feel comfortable with, and I feel comfortable with who I am. I write as I live, a little cynically (I am working on that, a little is fine but it can be too much at times), a little cheekily, a bit aloof (ignorance with no desire to learn is a pet hate), but as friendly as I can be (I am not the most sociable chap on the planet [see myers-briggs INTP for confirmation] but online I find it much easier to say how I feel and share myself, and so I do).

So I think that those whom I write for are, myself and anyone else who wants to enjoy the journey that we are all embarked upon.

1 comment:

S. Camille said...

Great Darren,
You're the first to respond to the meme I passed on. I'm so glad to hear from you. Yes, I want to share in the journey we are all embarked upon.
As one of the people who read your stuff, I want to say that the reason I enjoy what you write is because you are coming from a fairly fresh place. You share the downside to your journey and the boring stuff too! But you don't stay boring, and you try not to be down. That's interesting. I find it makes me feel better to know that there's this young guy just doing his thing somewhere over in the UK and he's not that different from me. Cool. Also, there's nothing pretentious in your blogs. I like that.
Glad to be your reader and watch your journey unfold.
Yours truly,
Camille