Tuesday 18 December 2007

Panto season at the optician

Well I needed my six monthly contact lens check this morning and so made my way to the local opticians. What I didn't know was that panto season had just started there. The optician, one I hadn't met before, did the check up in a traditional camp panto stylee that would have made Ricky Gervais in Extras proud. The highlight of which was the phrase, 'would you mind opening your legs.' Let me add that this was in order for the eye apparatus to be moved closer to me on the chair.

I apparently have very interesting eyes, in opthalmic terms, but I'm sure I've heard that line used before somewhere.

However, all is in order and I can continue with my monthly contact lenses for the foreseeable future. My next visit will be at the height of the seaside special season so I will expect drunken laughter, too much sun cream and lots of sunglasses.

1 comment:

Peach said...

merry christmas darren with two "r"s, love peach x