Tuesday 19 February 2008

War Child Blog book


The other day I wrote about a fundraising event organised by the blogging community and involving the blogging community too. Well I'm here reminding you all of it again, after just watching a Horizon program about how to live to 101 on BBC2.

It seems there are a few simple rules that you can follow to add longevity to your life and they are as follows:

  • Eat varied coloured vegetables (what isn't coloured?)
  • Eat soya
  • Eat a low calorific diet (about two thirds recommended amount)
  • Exercise
  • Have faith in a greater power (apparently British Gas don't count here)
  • Don't get stressed
  • Don't have an overactive immune system (nothing you can do about this though)

Those were the things given in the program, although they are sumarised by me and may be totally wrong. I don't guarantee anything.

One thing I do guarentee are a lot of good feelings if you get involved in some way with the thing that I was talking about at the beginning of the post. If you've forgotten what that was about then follow the link that is on its way and find out all the info here

2 comments:

god-free morals said...

hullo darren,

i was doing ok until it got to 'have faith in a higher power' and then the killer 'don't get stressed.' no chance, none at all.

chris.

p.s. the warchild book blog, feel like i've turned up to party just as they're packing up.

Darren said...

Hi Chris
Know exactly how you feel. The more I watched the program the more stressed I became about my lifestyle.

Thanks for the comment